Teen magazine had the opportunity to interview Jaid Jennings-Liggons about her life as a professional makeup artist. Face maps, eyebrows, eyelashes – we’ve got you covered. This queen is a beauty icon for young girls in Toledo, Oh. Jaid has been doing makeup for six years and found his inspiration in his mother. Read on to learn more about Jaid.
Jaid strives to encourage young women and girls in her community every day. Don’t forget to follow her on social media so you can book her when she’s in your city! You can find her on Instagram @j____jenligggg. For booking and collaboration opportunities, contact [email protected]
Fun facts about Jaid Jennings-Liggons
Name where you live:
Love people and use things, not the other way around.
Dream destination :
Hulu or Netflix:
Summer or winter:
Sneakers or heels:
See this post on Instagram
How old are you?
What do you want from life?
I want to make the world better.
How does your skill relate to your goal?
Making people feel beautiful makes me feel like I’m doing something good. Seeing their faces when I’m done lets me know my job is done…one face at a time.
Where did you travel ?
I’ve been to Vegas. Most of my dates have been booked in Vegas.
If you could work with any celebrity right now, who would it be?
If I could work with any celebrity it would be City Girls or Jayda Cheaves.
What is one product you couldn’t live without?
The makeup product I couldn’t live without would be mascara.
What are the best products to use?
Top products would include Maybelline, Fenty and NYX.
What are the worst skin products to use?
Worst skin products would have to include St. Ives & Mac.
See this post on Instagram
What’s your skincare routine?
I use The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Cleanser and Thayers Witch Hazel Toner to keep my skin looking its best.
What are some of the biggest challenges you face?
The biggest challenges in this industry are consistency and perfection. The beauty industry is constantly evolving. Your workload is also constantly changing. When it comes to perfection, I strive to give everyone that perfect rhythm. This can sometimes be difficult, because I have to meet the specific expectations of each client and listen to their preferences.
10 makeup bag essentials
1. Foundation or BB cream
2. Hydrating Concealer
4. Translucent powder
6. Mascara and eyelashes
8. Eyebrow pencil
9. Lip gloss/lipstick
10. Makeup Brushes
Did you know?
1. The world’s first cosmetics were created from copper and lead ore by the ancient Egyptians.
2. MAC stands for “Cosmetic Art Makeup”.
3. The first nail polish was invented in China in 3000 BC.
4. Drinking plenty of water adds an instant glow to your face.
5. The beauty industry is valued at $532 billion.
6. The Aztecs used beetles to make lipstick.
7. Feminists like Elizabeth Cady Stanton wore lipstick as a symbol of freedom from oppression when they marched for the right to vote.
8. In 2015, Urban Decay was selling the Naked Palette at an approximate rate of one palette every six seconds.
9. The world’s first shimmering eyeshadow was invented by Too Faced Cosmetics.
10. NYX Cosmetics’ official pronunciation is “Niks”, not NYX.
Thank you Jaid Jennings-Liggons for taking the time to talk to me. I enjoyed talking with you and discovering your passion for makeup.