Hi! I’m back and this week I’m going to talk about what is a “normal” skin type and how you can take care of it. Just because your skin type is categorized as “Normal” doesn’t mean you don’t have to take care of it. This type of skin is the most sought after but it is not extremely common because most people would have at least one skin problem.
What is a “normal” skin type?
Skin types such as dryness, oiliness, and sensitivity are usually caused by the skin missing or missing something it needs or having too much of something. Having normal skin type is basically a quiet time for your skin when it has everything it needs and is showing it. Someone with “normal” skin won’t have any skin problems, so with your daily routine you won’t be trying to regulate or improve something, you’ll be trying to maintain the skin type for as long as you can. If you’re someone who suffers from the occasional dry patch here and there or a spot once in a while, it’s still possible that you have stages where you have a “Normal” skin type! Problems such as fine lines and pigmentation are more difficult to manage, and your routine will most likely consist of trying to fight these issues and keep them at bay once you get to a point where you have them, rather than maintaining the skin type.
How can I identify a “normal” skin type?
- Even the complexion
- No dryness/excess oil
- No open pores/redness
- No fine lines/wrinkles
- No pigmentation/signs of sun damage
Always note that you may experience these symptoms on some parts of your face and not others, which means you may have a combination skin type! I’ll talk about it next week!
How should I take care of my “normal” skin?
- Exfoliate once a week but do not use a very abrasive scrub
- Wear FPS daily to prevent pigmentation and sun damage
- Avoid skin-irritating ingredients such as polyvinyl alcohol, perfumes, etc.
- Follow a suitable daily routine to maintain it
- Use a moisturizer or serum containing antioxidants to protect your skin from the environment
What ingredients will benefit my “normal” skin?
- Hyaluronic acid – It is one of the best ingredients for hydration which is imperative for healthy skin.
- Anti-oxidants – These are so important to protect your skin from free radicals.
- Glycolic acid – This ingredient has small molecules that penetrate deep into the skin and help slough off dead skin cells to brighten your complexion.
- Vitiman A – This ingredient is beneficial for almost all skin types and does countless things for your skin, such as protecting its outer layer, providing anti-aging properties, supporting the skin’s immune system, and more.
- Vitiman E – It is a natural anti-oxidant and helps moisturize the skin.
Remember to use this item in conjunction with my others to keep your skin in peak condition! I’ll be back next week to tell you about combination skin! Until then, I hope you enjoy this article and as always, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!