In March 2022, it has been two years since the world entered the coronavirus pandemic. This time has been difficult for everyone and has caused many people to rethink important decisions they have made and the way they live their lives.
I was not much different. These last two years have put me in difficult situations, and I am not ashamed to say that I have changed a lot. One thing I realized is how many opportunities I have.
The world is a crazy place, but it’s also a place to learn, grow, and succeed. Although some days are difficult and others are easy, it is important to remember that there are countless ways to improve life, and they are available to us. Below are some ways to turn bad days into good days and good days into good days.
1. Be open-minded
You feel stuck. Nothing seems to be going as planned, and it’s only the first half of the year. While feeling stuck is an incredibly common situation, there are small things you can do to change your mindset about the position you’re currently in.
- Be optimistic about the future. Things will start to look up if you to believe they will be better.
- Don’t let small accidents cloud your emotions. Errors occur. Accept them, learn from them and grow.
- Ask for help. The people around you, including teachers, friends, and family, have most likely been in your situation before. They can help you understand how to cope and support you as you make changes in your life.
If you accept the present, but make an effort to work towards a better future, small moments in your days will begin to improve and you will find yourself changing the way you think about different aspects of life.
2. Set goals
Setting goals for yourself is a wonderful way to achieve greatness in your life. Whether you want to get that 4.0 or earn enough money to go on vacation, setting goals is a great way to track your progress and see how far you’ve come from your starting point. Here are some examples of achievable goals:
- Practice being grateful for what you have
- Practicing positive self-talk to improve mental health
- Try something new every week or month, like doing yoga, joining a book club, or cooking something new
Don’t forget to reward yourself each time you reach a goal! It’s a great way to make them easier and more fun.
3. Get out of your comfort zone
Humans like to be comfortable, which means we tend to distance ourselves from things that make us feel relaxed and safe. It also means we can fall into habits that don’t really help us be the best version of ourselves. Then try this new cooking recipe! Join this club! Without stepping out of our comfort zones, we can’t discover all the amazing things we have access to.
- Try taking up a new sport (who knows, you might love it!)
- Take an option at school you’ve never considered before
- Attend classes or meetings (you can get to know new people and enjoy what you do better)
- Go on vacation somewhere new (this might be your next favorite spot!)
4. Be proud of yourself
Change can be difficult and trying new things can be difficult. But when you realize that the world is yours to make it a better place, you can use your talents and gifts in the best way. Being proud of every step of a mindset change is crucial, so don’t forget to celebrate yourself! Find the beauty in the little things in life and, most importantly, love who you can be when you take advantage of the opportunities in the world.
Now that you know some things you can do, try them! Remember that change doesn’t happen overnight – it takes time and energy to manifest positively in your life. So try this new recipe, start journaling, and be open-minded about your future and where life will take you. Good luck!