If you’re extremely pale like me, you might be excited when summer rolls around. It’s the perfect time to lie on the beach under the warmth of the kisses of the sun and get a tan. This year, however, like all of you, I have not been able to tan as much due to the coronavirus pandemic which has forced me to constantly stay at home. But luckily, there are plenty of self-tanning options out there!
About Saint Bleu:
Blue Saint Lin was developed by 19-year-old influencer Aryanna Tempest. As a resident of Arizona, she wanted to create a self-tanning solution with 100% natural ingredients that was completely vegan, gluten-free, fragrance-free, and never tested on animals. You can read more about Aryanna here.
Blue Saint’s probiotic self-tanner is all-natural, vegan, cruelty-free, and gluten-free. All of this is extremely important to me as I do not use any products tested on animals and cannot use any that contain gluten. They have what they call a “zero orange guarantee”, so your skin won’t turn orange when you use it. The box claims it’s made with “Italian skin probiotics and unique plant ingredients.” They also promise a streak-free tan.
Blue Saint, a self-tanning brand, was kind enough to send The Teen Magazine some of their self-tanning options, which consisted of:
1. Instant Tan Body Mousse: The Mousse is composed of all ingredients of vegetable origin. It comes with a silky glove, is streak-free, and will deliver a deep bronze in less than two hours.
2. Blue Saint Face self-tanning drops: The drops complement the body mousse perfectly and can even be mixed with your foundation. They come with a dropper for easy device and it is very important to use them to match your body to your face. The droplets are easy to use unlike some other self tanners.
The self-tanner is an instant tan, which means you don’t have to wait a while to see results. Other users have claimed that it started working in about ten minutes and the bronze color intensified over the next two hours! The tanner comes with an application mitt and the instructions are both on the box and on the website.
See this post on Instagram
Have you ever tried face drops? They are light, easy to apply and perfect for all skin types!💙
The first thing I love about Blue Saint’s self tanner is that it didn’t smell bad! Over the years I’ve used many self tanners with a chemical smell that I’m not really a fan of. But Blue Saint Tanning Foam is formulated to have a tropical scent, reminding us of summer. The tan also fades well and lasts about 1-2 weeks.
Another thing I like is that as promised by the brand the tanner definitely didn’t come out orange and there were no streaks at all which is a common problem with a few other brands .
It comes with an application mitt which makes the tanning mousse very easy to spread on the body and is much better than using your hands. Personally, I feel like the tan might not be the best for my skin because it came out a bit greyish. The product may not match my neutral undertones well. But, even though the tanner wasn’t the best for me, it was still good.
I will definitely recommend it to people who have warm undertones and I can see it works great for other tones. It is a great alternative to other products and is safe for your skin. If you are just starting out and new to self tanning, this is the perfect product for you!
See this post on Instagram
We love a good Blue Saint tan line!🤩
1. Safe for the skin
2. Vegan, cruelty-free and gluten-free
3. Doesn’t smell or have a chemical smell
4. Orange zero guaranteed
5. Easy to apply
6. Comes with an application glove
1. May give a grayish effect to people with neutral undertones, but will work great for warmer tones.
The Blue Saint Instant Body Tanning Mousse is $39 and the Blue Saint Face Tanning Drops are $29, which is a bargain. Would love to see a discounted set where you could buy them together in the future. Try them out for yourself and let us know how it went! You can purchase both from their website, bluesaint.com. You can now use code “Blue” at checkout to get 15% off!
Tips for applying a sunless self-tanner:
1. Always exfoliate before use
2. If you wax, be sure to do so 24 hours before applying self-tanner
3. Try not to moisturize while tanning and don’t apply perfume or deodorant.
4. Take a shower just before application.